This is a fantastic to if you want to try something new with your favourite piece of fish.Print
Tartare Beurre Blanc
- 2 small banana shallots finely chopped.
- 200ml dry white wine
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 250g unsalted butter, cubed
- 50g capers
- 50g cornichons
- 20g parsley
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Place the finely chopped shallots into a saucepan with the wine and vinegar. Reduce this liquid by half on a medium-high heat. Once reduced lower the heat.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium. Slowly add in cubes of butter whilst whisking or moving the pan, allowing each block to melt before adding in the next. This will make an emulsion. If you see a splitting effect, remove the pan from the heat and continue adding cold butter and whisking.
- Once all the butter is added the sauce be a pale yellow, glossy, and thick consistency. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Finely chop the capers, cornichons, and parsley. Fold through the butter sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon zest.