We use this sauce on our chicken wings and cod’s head. If you’re looking for the best handcrafted sriracha, check out our very own Fallow Sriracha Sauce.Print
Sriracha Butter Sauce
Our Fallow sriracha butter sauce is based on a classic butter emulsion.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 100 g Water
- 250 g Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Add into a small saucepan the water and 2/3 of the butter and place on a medium heat. Allow the butter to gently come to a boil.
- Once the butter has melted, remove from the heat and using a stick blender, carefully blend on a low speed.
- Add in small cubes of the remaining butter piece by piece, whilst blending. Allow the butter to melt and incorporate before adding in the next piece.
- Once all the butter is incorporated you should have a glossy, buttery sauce base. For this variation we’ve added sriracha and blended again. Season with salt and pepper.
This is a versatile sauce and can take on a lot of flavours from other sauces, fats, or ingredients. For example:
- For a delicate Fish Sauce Emulsion: Instead of using water, use 100 ml of good quality fish stock. Finish the sauce with a squeeze of lemon and finely chopped parsley.
- For a Bacon Butter Emulsion: Roast off a pack of streaky bacon in the oven at 180°c for 20 minutes and render all the fat out of the bacon. Drain the fat and replace half the butter in the above recipe with bacon drippings. Chop up the crispy bacon pieces and sprinkle over your finished dish.